Lockdown has brought with it a new wave of puppies!
With people being at home more, it may seem like the perfect time to get a puppy. And for some it is a fantastic opportunity as it gives plenty of time for the puppy to settle in and and build a relationship.
Something to consider before getting a puppy
It can be very exciting, and a real joy to have a puppy, but it can also be overwhelming at times. There are many people who are really struggling with their new puppy.
- Either they have discovered they don’t have as much time as they thought because they are juggling the kids activities.
- Or they have become worried the puppy is nipping the kids and they don’t feel they are getting along.
- Or their puppy is chewing everything and destroying the house.
- Or they didn’t realise that it takes more than a few months to raise a puppy into a happy well mannered dog.
All of these are very common struggles a lot of new puppy owners face, but this is when overwhelm, frustration, and anxiety can kick in. Unfortunately many are resorting to rehoming their puppies.
Getting the Help You Need
This could have been very different if they had got the help they needed from a professional Trainer.
Many people think they cannot start their training because there are no in-person Group Classes or one-to-one training sessions available at the moment with very long waiting lists. This means to get a space you will need to book before your puppy arrives. However there are fantastic options for online training and support that will help with any of the struggles you are having, including how to socialise your puppy.
The good news is that online learning can be much more fun than you think and, in fact, far less stressful than if going to a group class with other puppies because you can do it in your own time and take it all in. Puppies can practice in the comfort of their own home with less distractions, then take the training out and about in real life situations.
It is an absolute must to get professional guidance so that you don’t have to go it alone, having a puppy is not easy and there will be bumps in the road, getting support will help you overcome these struggles.
Online Training and How it Works:
Our Puppy Homeschool course has everything you need to get started with your training.
In these training videos Cathy (our professional IMDT & Pro Dog trainer) will show you over 50+ fun and effective training games. You’ll also get a one-to-one video call with Cathy to ask your own questions.
- Positive and reward based training
- Cleverly designed, fun and effective games
- Suitable for puppies of all ages
- Watch the videos on your computer or mobile
- Submit your videos and get professional feedback
- 30min one-to-one call with Cathy
A huge bonus is that we use cleverly designed training games that shape great choices and desirable behaviours, you will have fun and build fantastic relationships in the process!
The Sexier Than A Squirrel Challenge
Another fab online training option is to join the Sexier Than A Squirrel Challenge. Filmed by Tom and Lauren from Absolute Dogs there are over 25 fab video tutorials to follow.