Additional Terms & Conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Social distancing rules apply. Stay at least two meters away from other people.
Groups are limited to 5 students.
Only one member of the household can join classes.
No equipment will be lent out during this time.
Wash hands for twenty seconds before and after sessions.
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms, stay at home. You will be given a list of games to practice at home.
Classes are weekly, some weeks there will be no classes, you will be given plenty of notice and credited an additional week that month onto that months subscription.
The monthly membership includes 4 classes per month, where there are 5 weekends in a month, there will be a break.
If you wish to cancel the membership, you will need to give two weeks notice before your next monthly payment is due.
If you miss a class we cannot add an extra week onto your membership. You will be given the list of games to practice from the Training Library.
29th March onwards, all family members can join the outdoor sessions.
These sessions will be outside with social distancing guidelines put into place.
These are the measures we will be putting in place during one-to-one sessions:
- Bring your own equipment such as leads, water and water bowls, treats, mats, long lines.
- Social distancing rules must be observed throughout every activity. This is a 2 metre distance between each individual.
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms the session will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Wash hands for twenty seconds before and after sessions.
Terms & Conditions
- Please play the training games responsibly and be mindful the the space and the dog you are working with. Participation is at your own risk, Horton Dogs are not responsible for injuries or damage to personal property.
- Cancellations and refunds – We do not offer refunds for cancellations or missed classes/workshops. The only exception is serious illness or death in the family.
- Your booking is confirmed once payment is received and the form has been filled in. Full payment and form must be sent within 3 days prior the first session.
- If you have booked onto group classes and workshops, if your dog is poorly or in season, please attend without your dog so you can watch and work on the training at home.
- If you have booked onto classes and workshops, all dogs will be on a lead during training unless advised otherwise.
- If you have booked onto classes and workshops, keep a safe distance from other dogs in the groups at all times.
- It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your dog safe.
- Kids are welcome, it is your responsibility to keep them safe and away from other dogs.
- There will be mixed ages in group classes and workshops.
- Our methods are all force free and humane however are never instant and take commitment from the client to work with their dog in the long-term.
- Your dog’s progress is down to you being pro-active and working on the training as advised to see real life result.
- Dogs must be always kept under control during sessions. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility.
- In some cases I use demo dogs to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the demo dog and if asked will need your dog to wear a muzzle during these sessions.
- The trainer will apply personal judgement and cut short a session, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunder storms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgment of the trainer, for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals and that of the recipient. If the roads are too bad to access the venue a refund for that session is at the discretion of Horton Dogs.
- Horton Dogs reserves the right to cancel the session (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s in the session do not respond well to the plan and/or other dogs (where the continuing of said session is deemed, by Horton Dogs, to constitute a risk).
- All dogs that are known to bite other dogs or cause injury need to wear a muzzle, we take no responsibility for dogs who are not muzzled or kept under control, during our session or when working outside of our session. Failure to wear a muzzle when asked may result in termination of your support.